My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://mycupcakenotebook.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Chocolate Almond Tartlets

Hello everyone!

Today's recipe is, maybe, kind of not seasonal. At least, not suitable for a picnic, and I should know... Let me explain myself; this is a recipe that I had been meaning to do for a long time. It has always looked amazing to me, the crispness of the shortcrust pastry combined with the sweetness of the chocolate, to feel the crunch of the almonds in your mouth as you eat... and all of it on a thin layer of salted caramel.



Yes, I was very eager to do this. However, the heat in Barcelona was way ahead of me. I was planning to bring these beauties to a picnic with some of my friends. The size was perfect and they could be eaten without a spoon or fork or anything, really. Right?


Wrong. Heat doesn't go well with chocolate. Also, doing them the same morning I was supposed to bring them to a picnic wasn't my brightest moment either. I had to speed up the cooling process and even then, by the time we had finished lunch and it was time for dessert, the chocolate was quite a mess.


We ate them, of course. And they were delicious, a gooey, sweet mess. We ended up licking fingers and cleaning our chins full of chocolate as if we were children again. And I would have love to take a photo but, I'm not going to lie, my hands were full of chocolate as well!



Chocolate Almond Tartlets

Ingredients (yields 8 tartlets of 9cm diameter)

  • 2 packages of shortcrust pastry
  • 300g milk chocolate with almonds
  • 300ml heavy cream
  • 8 tsp caramel


Directions


  • Pre heat the oven at 180º (356ºF).
  • Prepare the tartlet tins by spreading some butter and sprinkling them with flour.
  • Cut circles of the shortcrust pastry of about 1cm wider than the tins you will be using. Press them gently to the tins, covering them totally. Pass over the rolling pin to remove excess dough.

  • Puncture the base of the tartlets with a fork and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the crust is golden.

  • Chop the chocolate and put it in a heat resistant medium bowl.
  • In a pot, heat the heavy cream until it simmers and pour it on the chocolate. Let it sit for 3 minutes before stirring.

  • Let the chocolate sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
  • Put 1 tsp of caramel on each tartlet shell and spread it. Fill the rest of the tartlet with the chocolate and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.




Download the recipe for free following this link: Chocolate Almond Tartlets.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment