My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://mycupcakenotebook.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Raspberry and Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Hello everyone!

Today's recipe is now one of my favorites! I hadn't planned to do it at all like this, I just found some beautiful raspberries at the market and I couldn't resist buying them. I tweaked a little bit one of my favorite cupcake recipes and this came out!


Don't they look amazing? And I can promise you they tasted amazing as well! I brought them as a dessert for lunch with some friends and we simply had to eat two each. Afterwards, when I took the photos of the remaining ones, I had to give them away to my neighbors so I did not have the temptation to scarf them all!


They are dangerous, mind you... The cupcake itself is so fluffy, not heavy at all. The raspberries inside give them a great touch of acidity amongst the sweetness of the cake and the coconut. And the cream cheese frosting is so fresh and light... I could probably sing the greatness of this cupcake all day, really.


Here's the recipe. I should warn you, you will want to eat them as soon you take out of the oven- they smell deliciously. Just wait. The frosting needs for them to be completely cooled down, otherwise it will melt. I promise it will be worth it!





Raspberry Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients (yields 12 cupcakes)

  • 60ml mild olive oil
  • 160g granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbs shredded coconut
  • 125ml milk
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 160g flour
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp white vinegar
  • 100g fresh raspberries

Frosting Ingredients

  • 100g cream cheese (like Philadelphia)
  • 50g granulated sugar
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • 200ml heavy cream, very cold
  • shredded coconut
  • 12 raspberries

Directions

  • Pre heat the oven at 170ºC (338ºF). Prepare the cupcake molds, lining them with cupcake capsules.
  • Mix the milk and lemon juice in order to make buttermilk. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
  • In a medium sized bowl, beat the oil and sugar until blended. Add the egg, vanilla and coconut until well incorporated.
  • Add half of the flour beating until it's completely incorporated. Add the buttermilk. Add the rest of the flour and mix well.

  • In a small glass, mix vinegar and baking soda and, when the mixture starts creating bubbles, add it to the batter.
  • Add the raspberries in the batter and stir manually with a spoon.

  • Pour the batter into the cupcake molds, up to 1/3 of their capacity.

  • Bake for 30 minutes (up until a toothpick inserted in its centre comes out clean).
  • Let them cool down for 10 minutes before unmolding.

Directions frosting

  • Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the heavy cream and whisk up to whip the cream.
  • Put a spoonful of the frosting on top of all the (cooled) cupcakes.
  • Fill up a small bowl with shredded coconut and dip each cupcake in it, coating the frosting with coconut.

  • Put a raspberry on top of each cupcake.



Keep them in the fridge!

I hope you liked them! Here is the pdf with the recipe for you to download: RaspberryCoconut Cupcakes and Cream Cheese Frosting


Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment